Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

Who Says You Can't Go Home?

Please forgive me for not updating my blog since October. A lot has happened to me and, honestly, I just didn't feel like airing my dirty laundry on the web for all the world to see.
Long story short, I left London and am back home in Louisville. That's all you need to know.
I will say this and then I'll shut up about it ... I have no regrets about going to London. I got to do things and meet great people (God, I miss them!) that I wouldn't have been able to if I'd have stayed in Louisville. It was a wonderful opportunity.
Okay. With that said, I promise to blog more. I'm sure that I can find something interesting to write about in Louisville!
I was reading my good friend Allison's blog this morning and reading about her dog Pluto reminded me of something … I took Jake (my ginger cat) to the veterinarian last Friday to have his teeth cleaned. Apparently the vet in London said they were pretty bad so I figured I should take care of it. When I picked him up later that afternoon they told me that apparently he contracted a virus in London and his gums were very infected/inflamed. They had to remove 8 teeth! Poor thing! My friend David said he's The Bumble! P.S. It cost $400! Damn those cats are expensive. However, they are my babies and I'd give them one of my kidneys if they needed it. Anyway, he seems fine except for when I have to give him his antibiotics. I swear it's like wrestling a steer trying to squirt 2 droppers full of that pink crap into his mouth!
Ok maybe that wasn't very interesting but it's a start.


Comments:
"airing your dirty laundry on the web for all to see".... you say that like it's a bad thing.
 
Great to see you back!
XOX
Blake
 
Jake was hoping to make it into the pet version of The Big Book of British Smiles before he came back.
 
Poor kitty! 8 teeth, he will now need to eat nutritious soft foods, like mashed potatoes, ice cream, pudding - oops, I mean like nice soft kitty food. Pets are expensive, but they are our babies and they like to spend money. My puppy, Oliver, who is almost a year old, goes in for his nuts whacked tomorrow morning. This is the 3rd time we have taken him in, and each time his liver enzymes are too high and they can't operate. So far we have spent over $300 on antibiotics and special food. So - keep your fingers crossed that his bloodwork is ok in the morning - he needs to be neutered! He only has 1 nut, the other one is spinning around up inside him so he has to get this damn surgery done and get that useless, cancer causing hidden nut out of his gut! hahahha Glad to have you home, Edwardo!
 
Yeay! The Blog is BACK!!!!
 
Its about damn time, but understand why you've not been blogging...glad you're back in the blogosphere! ;-)

We all miss you here in London!!
 
Het sweetie,
Glad you're updating your blog again - it helps us keep you closer...
Allison, Izzy and Pluto xx
 
Yay your back,

Miss you terribly in London and still hope to get to see you soon but at least I can find out what you are up to again!

Take care babe and chat soon.

Scooter
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?