Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Where In The World Is The Net Dog?

It seems that once again I have neglected my faithful readers. Bad blogger. Bad! Bad! Bad!
Seeing as how I didn't do too much writing while I was back home in Louisville I figured I would take this time to play a little catch up.
As many of you know, I left a few days earlier than Blake. This gave me the opportunity to hang out with my friend Jim before his big weeklong skiing trip to Telluride, Colorado. By the way, he really enjoyed his vacation and he is more than glad to share his pictures. Trust me. (I'm kidding, Jim. The photos were lovely!)
I also got to spend some quality time with my newly divorced friend, Jay. He was in very good spirits but I know that if he is ever down all I have to do is say the words "button on a fur coat" and he will smile. Unfortunately I can't share with the rest of you what that means because if you knew you'd let out a little pee.
Blake finally arrived a day later than planned due to a little fender-bender involving a moving van and the taxi taking him to the airport. He wasn't injured but it did cause him to miss my birthday dinner at Karma Cafe. See how I can always bring it back to me? As much as I missed him at the dinner, he more than made up for it with my birthday present. Get your minds out of the gutter! It was a Playstation Portable and a cute game to play on it called Death Jr. I also found a puzzle game for it for $9.99 at Best Buy called Frantix. This fulfilled my love for video games as well as my love for bargains!
Speaking of cheap video games, I also discovered a game for the PS2 that has been out forever and now it's only $19.99. It's called Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. I was hoping since it was rated "E" for Everybody I would be able to play it without resorting to cheats. Boy, was I wrong! Since I didn't have my trusty Gameshark with me, I wasn't able to rely on cheat codes so I made Blake and John do the hard parts for me. Together we finished the game in a little over a week. I said I loved video games. I didn't say I was very good at them.
Most the the week Blake was with me was spent preparing the house for his sister's visit. Cleaning, shampooing rugs, making minor repairs. Fun, Fun, Fun. In the end, though, the house looked great and I finally got to meet his sister. She was adorable and so much fun! We had a great time and drank way too much liquor. Isn't that always the way?
Anyway the rest of the trip was a blur of numerous Target visits and so much Chinese food that my eyes were beginning to slant. Ahhhh... it was good to be home.

Comments:
Yep - I was about to write a note discussing my lack of fascination with Matthew McC (whatever) and greater interest in the rest of your trip home, when, voila! a new blog. Remember it is your job to entertain the masses... Blake told me NOTHING of the taxi incident. Oddly, nothing like this actually happens to me, yet I use the same modes of transport. Do you think that Blake has an evil genie attached to him? Stay well - Ann
 
I was so sorry I didn't get to meet Blake's sister. The family members of friends always have the best stories. That's why my mother is locked away where none of you bitches will ever find her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?