Friday, May 05, 2006

 

Home Sweet Home Away From Home

As many of you were tired of looking at that woman with Peeps pinned to her breasts, I figured I should post something new and let you know what I've been up to lately. Last weekend, Blake and I moved into a new flat. It is located between the Kennington and Oval Tube stations (which already seems like a major step up from Stockwell). The flat is a new development called The Yard and we are the first residential tenants. The landlord, who is a photographer, has a studio there as does a costume/handbag designer and a furniture designer.
The flat itself is located on the second floor (third floor for us Americans) and, boy, is it sweet. We have a spare bedroom (which for now is the junk room) and a balcony. Once we moved in Blake immediately went out and bought a grill and had people over for steaks and something he called chicken ribs. We have a pretty decent sized grocery store located right behind our little complex so it only takes about 2 minutes to walk there.
For the first time since moving here almost a year ago I actually feel comfortable.
I meant to take a few pictures to post but I wanted everything to be in place so keep watching this space. In the meantime, here is the picture from the website. It shows our spacious kitchen/living room area and out those french doors is the balcony. I just love it!

Comments:
"Spare Room" he calls it. We all know it's Jim/Jay's room!!
 
A photographer, a costume/handbag designer, and a furniture designer...are you living in some sort of gay sorority house, dear?
 
Junk room? How did you collect enough "junk" in your tiny old apartment that it now needs a room all to itself? Junk room indeed! That's just a way of saying "Don't expect to stay with us if you come to London!" ;-)
 
The new place IS fab! I'd happily live there and wave from the balcony to the common folk below.

I hear the two people who helped you move were incredibly sexy and hunky too!

Here's to more BBQ's at yours this summer!
 
I totally LOVE the place, however, beware the large French Doors and don't walk into the glass like I did!
 
congrats on the new crib.. It looks awesome!!! Hope you boys are doing well.. miss you guys.

- Ed
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?