Friday, March 10, 2006

 

Failure to Launch

Greetings from America! That's right, boys and girls, I have returned to the motherland for a little vacation. Since Blake won't be joining me for another day, I figured I'd take advantage of the situation to do something he would never do with me... go see a chick flick. I decided to see the newest Matthew McConaughey film, Failure to Launch, with my good friend Allen (Miss Aqua if you're nasty ... and most of you are I think). Now many of you know that I have a not-so-secret celebrity crush on Mr. McConaughey. It's not just his looks that makes me a little moist, it's his voice. That sexy Texas drawl. Mmmmmmmmm...
Er, anyway, enough about that. Let's talk about the film. The movie was an entertaining retelling of several romcoms. The age old story of Girl is hired to go out with Boy, Boy falls for Girl, Girl Falls for Boy, Boy finds out Girl was hired to go out with him, Boy gets pissed, Girl says she's sorry, Boy forgives Girl, Boy and Girl swim with dolphins. Basically trade out that insipid Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days for Sarah Jessica Parker and you have the same movie. However, I have to say that any movie where Matthew McConaughey takes his shirt off and Kathy Bates leaves hers on is aces in my book.
Sarah Jessica Parker was pretty much playing Carrie Bradshaw with better outfits. I realize I don't know anything about fashion but, come on. Some of those outfits she wore on Sex and the City looked like something a person who was burned out of her home might throw together from the lost and found boxes at a homeless shelter. And what's with sister's makeup? Girl likes her some dark mascara and blush. I swear it looks like she puts her makeup on with a shotgun.
The rest of the cast was filled out by Matthew's parents played by Kathy Bates and Terry Bradshaw. Why oh why did the only naked butt we saw in this movie have to belong to Terry Bradshaw? Mama, why?!? I just thank my lucky stars there was no hot tub for Kathy Bates to pop up out of. I'm already scarred for life after seeing About Schmidt! Both Sarah and Matthew had some some quirky friends and, needless to say, nobody ended up alone at the end of the movie.
Anyway, this wasn't the greatest movie ever made but it was definitely a nice distraction and, since we had an hour and a half wait between lunch and the 2:25 showing, I got to fit another Target visit in. Matthew McConaughey and Target in one day. Life is good.

Comments:
I was going to tell you to keep you hands of my future ex-husband, Mr McCogaunhey, but I think there is enough of him to go around...right round...like a record baby.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?