Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Happy VD!!!

Happy (Day After) Valentine's Day! I hope you all had a nice romantic day with your special someone. If you don't have a special someone I hope you took the time to play with yourself a bit.
Yesterday morning I thought I would surprise Blake with a nice Valentine's breakfast. I made pancakes (using the Bisquick that we brought over on our last visit home), sausages, strawberries, and mimosas using real champagne (not that cheap Ballatore I usually drink). Yummy!
In the afternoon Blake took me for a ride on The Cathedral Express, which is an old fashioned steam locomotive and not a euphemism for sex. It looked like The Hogwarts Express. We traveled from Kensington Olympia station around the Surrey Hills and back again while being served a catered lunch. After a glass of champagne, we had cream of asparagus soup (which made my pee stink something awful), a poached chicken breast (which was a little dry considering it was basically cooked in liquid), boiled and roasted potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. For dessert, we had a white chocolate and Jamaican rum torte which tasted something like a Little Debbie Swiss Roll only with booze in it. It was a very lovely ride through the countryside. We saw lots of sheep. I felt like I was on Brokeback Mountain without the dirt and sweaty man lovin'.
Later that evening, we went to a restaurant that Blake's colleague Ann recommended called About Thyme. Following our third glass of champagne of the day and our starters (cream of parsnip soup for me and stuffed roasted red peppers for Blake), we had a scrumptious little scoop of champagne and basil sorbet followed by a fillet (which was a little too charred for our tastes) and, finally, chocolate fondant with vanilla bean ice cream. The food was pretty good and the staff was very friendly. By friendly I mean the waiter touched our shoulders each and every time he spoke to us like he was trying to comfort us or something. Luckily he was cute. By cute I mean short.
So basically this Valentine's Day I did what I enjoy doing most... binge eating.

Comments:
Sounds like a nice VD -- and I think "a Little Debbie Swiss Roll only with booze in it" would make a SUPER dessert.
 
I'm with Jim on this one...You KNOW I'm gonna try that as soon as I can get to the grocery.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?